Re: Hardware availibility

See main website smile

Oh my! :-)

That's so exciting

Any updates on the boards ? Ready to give a deposit smile

Jim Drew added me to his list about a year ago, I confirmed I am still on his list but as of now, still waiting with no idea when to expect to be able to buy one. Quite frustrating really.

The reason I've gone a bit quiet on here is I'm fully focussed on shipping out the last boards I have in stock, and getting more made. It's painful as they all require fault finding and rework, but I can't afford to build more until I have sold these.

The other option is to take advanced payment, which I've always been against, but may be a way of speeding this up.

I'm going to do an audit this week of how many boards are still here, and how many I expect to ship to EU and US distis. I am not shipping any more dev boards out at the moment.

MikeJ wrote:

It's painful as they all require fault finding and rework, but I can't afford to build more until I have sold these.

Will the new run have these fixed? Or will they need to be reworked too.

Hopefully not.

I've changed the USB connector to be more robust, which will avoid issues there.
I'm sourcing the parts from a different distributor and they will be sample tested before production (to make sure they are genuine).
The board cost will have to be recalculated (it's been a while since I built the first lot) and cover the NRE costs, but I hope to get the same price. I will not make any more variants (currently I do SVHS and non-SVHS built) - it's too expensive.

/Mike

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Any News ?

I fear Mike may have escaped to somewhere warm and sunny with a beer in hand never to return again. We may have to hunt him down and reattach his soldering tools in a couple of weeks. Hope all is well.

Mike when you are back do you have any idea when you might take orders another run of units  ?

Thanks

Spent some time building up a rework and test area....

Post's attachments

rework.jpg
rework.jpg 92.12 kb, 2 downloads since 2016-07-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I love the robot in the middle, how does he assist you?

Very nice the work area...

spotUP wrote:

I love the robot in the middle, how does he assist you?

very much so wink

WOW! That has to be the neatest and most organized electronis work bench I've ever seen...how ever do you do that? wink

It's not yet used... wink

Lizard wrote:

It's not yet used... wink

big_smile

it's used a lot sad

Hi guys,

I am completely new here but I have tried so far to acquaint myself with many posts here. As most of you I am also very interested in buying one fpga replay board with an extension card (daughterboard with 68k cpu on it - I am an Amiga guy). Is there any pre-order list where I can sign in? Where to get this cool thing?

There is a thread for this somewhere. There are two distributors signed up (Amedia Computing and Xtreme Power Systems in the US).

I've been shipping directly to active developers, and we are getting a bit of momentum up again now.

I'll be honest, it's been a long process clearing the hardware backlog due to a lot of rework needed on current stock.
I'm very near the point of ordering a large batch, everything is set up, along with the daughterboard.

Please hang on for a little longer!

It's actually CBMSTUFF.COM that handles retro products, Xtreme Power Systems is the primary corporation that owns several different companies.

Thanks Mike for your reply. For me it is not a problem to hang on for little longer, I'll do. The only confusing thing for me is should I wait until the new board is available by amedia (I'm from EU) or should I sign in onto any backlogs or waiting lists that I even don't know if they really exist and where. I simply don't want to miss this leaving train once you start shipping boards again! I've read recently in Amiga Future that you are going to produce approx. 500 boards. Have you ever examined if this is going to meet the demand? It would be pity to see 'out of stock' soon after as it is usually normal in case of any retro products especially on the amiga market... Cheers!

It's tricky to guess demand. These things are produced at very low margin, so I don't want to be stuck with lots of boards. On the other hand, the more I make the cheaper they are.

At least (I hope) the quality of the next run will be better and we won't have the same sort of issues.