Re: Hardware availibility

Maybe you should talk some type of deposits so you don't get stuck with any boards. Do you have any idea when you might order the new boards, weeks away or months ?

I have considered this. I will ask the distributors to confirm the back orders.

I've been waiting on a list since 2014 I think, not sure since it's been so long ago though. Since I've been waiting so long, I might decide to just wait for a newly developed/assembled board that may not require any or as much repair as your current boards had to go through before shipping them out. Not even sure if you are still repairing any current stock, if you have any current stock left.

Will the new board be any different in terms of back plate connections? Or in any other on board components?

So I'd also like to know how far out are we going to have to wait in order to put a deposit down on a new board or put our name on a new list for one. And will this deposit or new list be handled by your 3rd party sellers such as www.cbmstuff.com?

Good question.
There are only a few boards left to go, and these are allocated to the distributors. I hope to get them all out this weekend.

We are currently building the BOM for the board. Some parts are harder to get now, so a minor PCB change will be required. The board will be 100% firmware (both ARM and FPGA) compatible with the revB however.

I need to get more backplates made as well, so I'm trying to do the daughterboard at the same time so all the holes are correct.

The deposit and lists will be handled by the distributors.

Regarding timescales lets just say I don't want them hanging around here for a year again - they are shipping straight out after test.

If I remember correct Jim had said he had 300 people on his list. That was some months ago but If thats correct you should have hundreds of people looking to place orders. I am looking forward to getting one myself. smile

A month ago I tried to contact Amedia-Computer.com in France (I am from Germany) with my request to get signed in onto a waiting list. So far I haven't received any answer. So quys I have to repeat my query (sorry for being boring but I haven't received any clear answer from you!): Could you take me also on any waiting list? (I can also pay a deposit if necessary). Please instruct me what to do to be sure to get one board with daughter board with cpu 68k from the on-coming new production run?? It is crazy you are ready to spend lots of money and nobody gives a damn about it! wink wink wink

I know - but I dare not take an pre-orders until I'm ready to place the orders for the boards.
I'm frantically finishing the daughterboard design....

*like* don't forget audio in. big_smile

Any new updates on the hardware, do you think it might be this year ?

yes, update next week. Still aiming for Sep for both boards, although it's getting tight.

Thats beautiful, can't wait. Hope there was be some deposit and pre order so everyone can get one. I think you have a lot of fan waiting to buy one of these smile

Thanks, appreciate the support!

Is there already a spec about the adapter board? I assume i will be interested too.

We are still faffing a little over this. There is some desire to add an SD card slot to give direct FPGA mass storage.
Currently starting to prototype this. Perhaps also a floppy disk interface as well, depends on final pin count.

It has ethernet, usb, memory.

It can also be used without the 68060 to add the above to the standard core.

interesting, how does it work all pins to fpga with a softcore? or is there a own arm mcu on it?

ethernet? which phy and mac? which driver, have you write one or using on from linux? are you running linux on it or use the lwip stack?

if you had an arm with sdio i should be able to adjust sdio driver to get mlan 8782 wireless modul running with lwip stack which can station and accesspoint mode.

yours,
manuel

All pins, everything hangs off a local processor bus. No additional ARM.

Ethernet is ENC642J600, USB is ISP1760.

I have a licensed USB stack for the Amiga, and the Ethernet chip has been used before.
One problem is both these parts are quite old and not terribly easy to get hold of, but chosen for the driver support.

It would make some sense to replace both of these with an ARM which ran USB/Ethernet, but then this requires substantial work on the driver side - and I want to get the board done!

Comments welcome.

We can worry about newer revisions further down the line. I'd prefer to have it in my hands, than wait for a rework. I just need to find a 060 that works now...

Should it in theory work with an 040?

Nope, at least not without some rework.

You don't need a CPU on the board b.t.w, you can use the softcore.

I would do what you think is best on the hardware side as long as you can get the parts. If the parts are going to be a bottleneck for you then maybe rethink that and go with the newer parts. The beauty is the software can always catch up to the hardware and not the other way around. So do what you think works the best, you just want to makes sure you can get the parts or you will be needing to redo this again sooner than later. As long as you think you can get the parts than go that way. Now I can see i just kept going on and on over the same thing. lol

The software can be the bottleneck most of the time. I'm going to make a final decision this weekend.

So production next week? smile

<ggrrrrrr>

hey, 2000th post \o/

I am starting to feel like good times ahead, so looking forward to getting this.