Topic: VIC-20 & 1541 core and downloads

I'll collect here references to possible download sites. Please note, this are partially links to external sites - as usual I can't and won't take any responsibility for content there. Use them at your own risk. Please post here any issue arising with this links or send me a PM.

Replay core download (loader.bin and INI files):

ROMs required for basic operation:

ROM cartridges:

D64 files can be found at usual locations or you may generate them yourself from original disks (Kryflux, Catweasel, 1541 with X1541 or ZoomFloppy, ... - all this have support to generate this file format AFAIK).

/WoS

Re: VIC-20 & 1541 core and downloads

Thank you.  I've downloaded everything ready for the new FPGA update and then hopefully I'll be able to test some stuff for your list too.

When you will upload this? since 2014 and still no download?!?!?

We are putting together a release area on the main website at the moment.

The code us uploaded on public SVN from the very beginning (was one of the first). Just missed to check it in the release directory. Yupp, completely empty...

It also means that no one missed this one up to now (since 2014) roll
Made just a new ZIP and checked it in as release as well. Will be mirrored over night, should be on the release site by tomorrow.

/WoS

thanks. I am new and I was going to a SVN link before but it did not load. This link or page loads now. I will have a look at it. Thank you.

Any Space Invaders? It is working on the MiST (well the only Thing that works there) but it's pretty fun.

I updated the first post in this thread for the link to the release area. So SVN is not needed if you don't want to build the stuff yourself.

The release will be published over night (I think in 1-2 hours from now) there. You find a "ready to use setup", just unzip on your card and add the ROM files as mentioned above (and in the text file within the release ZIP) as well. The 1541 of this release should also support D64 file read/write support like for the c64 setup (write protect must be disabled via OSD menu as precaution - please use backups of your D64 just to be on the safe side...).

Space invaders is there and in general working (Mike did some port ages ago), but not yet ported to the actual Replay framework. So release will take a bit.

/WoS

Thank you, WoS, it is now online and I will test it out!

Greetings from Austria, if you ever want to attend our Vienna Commodore Meeting, let me know. Next one is in January I think. I saw you were in Graz once!

1541 seems to be very good, had no Problems so far with it. I will not write to any files. Thanks. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for trying the core (and mentioning that the download was missing - simply missed this, as I said the sources were released long before), I had the impression it was not really of interest for anyone.  big_smile

/WoS