Re: RTG

Ok, it's probably working. I changed the reset value from CLUT to 16bit high colour and I get a nice stable picture full of random DRAM noise.

The CLUT was black as the reset values of the look up table are all zero.

We will need to setup the driver modes in the P96 framework using PicassoMode.

28 (edited by spotUP 2015-11-07 23:49:15)

Damn! Finally! This is so cool!
How far off are we from a useable state?

29 (edited by JimDrew 2015-11-08 02:00:52)

We have RTG!!!  smile

First picture is the PicassoMode "TEST" screen.

Second picture is after the REPLAY driver is invoked, and what you get in the ScreenMode prefs.  Note that I have only setup one screen resolution.

Third picture is a 640x480 Workbench screen, courtesy of the Picasso96 software with Replay's RTG.

The blitter functions are not enabled yet, so I can't move windows around and the mouse pointer is not there... but doing things by memory (mouse position) lets me open up other windows and launch apps... so the Amiga is still working!

Nice job, Mike!  I need to probably clean up the driver some, and maybe turn off the IRQ blinking of the LED, since that actually slows the Amiga down.

Post's attachments

rtg1.jpg 313.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Not sure why we can't attach more than one file...

Post's attachments

rtg2.jpg 323.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Here is another one...

Post's attachments

rtg3.jpg 318.76 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

wow, very promising smile

Any chance we can try the RTG this week end ? ^^

I guess so, let me look at the mouse this evening.

That would be a very good way to end this raining sunday :-)

Wooohaa!

Nice fathers day gift!

Jim, could you start another thread with instructions on how to get to where you have?
I've installed P96 no problem, but I'm not sure where I should put my card driver wink

38 (edited by JimDrew 2015-11-08 20:35:42)

Yep, sure will!  But, I am going to change the blitter settings and experiment with some screen modes.  I should be able to make a simple .adf package that has all of the parts needed since we don't actually have to worry about monitor timing being different for every monitor - it's the same with Replay.

Thanks. I'm looking at the mouse now.

Found and fixed a few issues with the sprite hardware. Running another sim than will rebuild.

Built, switching to blitter engine simulation now. Jim's playing with the latest core.

Jim reports that the hardware sprites are fixed. I'm working on the blitter now, but we disabled blitter support in the driver for the moment, and the RTG is now fully functional.
/MikeJ

Screen switching works perfectly.  The only issue is memory really.. the RTG board is stealing memory from the Amiga's main memory.  As it is right now, I have to use 8MB of FAST memory and only 700K is left to use for applications.  So, that has to be worked out, perhaps as some invisible extra memory stolen from the XRAM memory or something.

If you have 48MB of FAST memory (using XRAM) it can allocate from that pool?

I'll look at it, perhaps we can move all the extra memory over to autoconfig and split it into 32MB and two 8MB blocks, one of which can be allocated to the RTG.

I have the blitter now working correctly (I think) in the simulator. Need a little longer to hook it up and test though, getting late tonight.

Woohoo!
New release tonight?

maybe...

Right, I've actually got around to getting a board up and running with RTG myself now. I'm getting a slight pixel wrap (a few pixels on the RHS appearing on the LHS), but only over DVI. I'm looking at this now, and the blitter.

ah, no it's happening with VGA as well, it was just off the edge of the screen. This makes it easier to find....

50 (edited by JimDrew 2015-11-13 02:12:34)

This doesn't happen with the original beta core posted in the forum, but does with the next version after you made some timing changes (before adding the blitter support).  I am not sure what type of RCS you use for the code, but the issue showed up immediately after the first version.