Re: Server move to support SVN

Yes, definitely better on weekends. The test on tools.pingdom.com I posted above confirms this.

How did you measure the time (which tool? on your local line?)

/WoS

It's all waiting time, once the server gets it's act together, the transfer time is very good.
For those in the US (the server is in Europe) the server is idle. It's overloaded during the working day.
They have admitted this, although when they ping it (from the US) they say it's fine.
I'm am seriously unimpressed and will come up with something else when I return.
/Mike

I used the first ping test link.

Are they hosting this on a Replay running amiga core with debian 68k? Either that or you get a LOT of traffic

*** NOTE ***

we are moving again. Expect some disruption to forum/email for the next 24-48 hours.
sad

31 (edited by WoS 2015-03-17 15:12:58)

Looking forward to this... From my (of course subjective) perspective the actual server (arvixe) became even slower lately...  sad

Mike, just in case you need some more "meat" for the discussion with them...
I made another comparison of my website to the forum website at the same time (today, 17th March, 16:00 CET): it shows an average factor of 10 (slower on the arvixe site, I had to stop the test there as it was so slow).  My site requires to load about 10 times more data and even more files, so it is definitely not the internet bandwidth. The pings are usually not served by the web server process, so this is also no real way to check the server performance - I would not be sure if these guys really know what they are doing...

Post's attachments

arvixe_vs_hosteurope_17mar2015_1600cet.png
arvixe_vs_hosteurope_17mar2015_1600cet.png 139.81 kb, 4 downloads since 2015-03-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
/WoS

I'm moving the domain hosting back to one.com as a temporary measure, and we will experiment with a local machine here running the SVN server. We may move the website hosting as well, keeping one.com as just the domain registration.
/Mike

Right, we are back up again in our old home....
Hopefully a bit more responsive now.

For me it's definitely faster, earlier I got a few mysql errors on my screen though. But I guess that was during the migration.

I hope so, database looks fine now.

Work on the SVN server will start this week hopefully.

Aaaahh, nice!  big_smile  big_smile   big_smile

Just noticed some of the attachments to posts seem to be lost. E.g. from this one, just wanted to try on my board:
http://www.fpgaarcade.com/punbb/viewtop … 4824#p4824

/WoS

Good catch! Fixed.

Sorry for the outage yesterday. This was due to Arvixe automatically deleting the redirection at a 3rd party registrar when the hosting was terminated - despite me paying to keep the registration to avoid exactly this issue. Lemons.

I've linked in the new SVN sever into the main page
svn.fpgaarcade.com

You can't log in yet... but soon

Sure? The svn_guest account I set up still works...   wink

/WoS

Not for me!

Thanks ! Working for me !

I have some reading now :-)

MikeJ wrote:

Not for me!

Is all that content meant to be public now? I can log in with the published username and password

Yes - just basic lib stuff and a few cores so far. Need to do some more tidying up still.

From the c64 source:

-- * This code (and derivative code) is only allowed to be used on:
--   - Replay hardware (from fpgaarcade.com)

So no sharing with e.g.  mist.. or is the license stuff not decided on yet?

I'm updating my stuff at the moment license wise. The license terms are up to the individual author.

For me, the cores themselves are free to be used anywhere, the support libs (which are Replay board specific anyway) are licensed for use on the Replay hardware.

I would expect once all the stuff is fully released, these limitations for the cores will be relaxed.
/Mike

(I should add, the reason is not to stop open source projects like Mist, but certain other people using this code in closed source commercial products for profit)

FYI Seems the automatic script mirroring missed to push files as now on public SVN, only folders are there, but empty.

Oh yes, something has broken. I probably messed up the script then when I added the loader code. I'll look at it, sorry!