Topic: Enhanced Audio

I've been checking in some code/binary into the Amiga directory.
This is to support AHI audio driver development - 16bit 48K playback etc.
You'll also see stuff related the the daughterboard. The binary here should always be safe to use, but let me know if I break anything.
/MikeJ

Re: Enhanced Audio

If we can get the CMP2 instruction supported, we can test the AHI support in my Mac emulation.

I've been working on that.

wow, the AHI driver would be great...

Pretty much done apparently - hardware works.

Thanks to Erique the AHI audio appears to be working. I'm checking in some more stuff now then we'll build a beta core.

Kudos Erique!

Thanks Erique

Thanks guys - bear in mind that it's more on proof-of-concept level. It doesn't do any hardware mixing or other fancy things (yet).
Ofc - if you find any easy-to-repro bugs let me know wink

where I find the archives with AHI driver?

I need to build a beta core with the code in. I've been faffing around with minor changes to the memory interface.
I think I'm there, give me another day or so.
Erique, is it ok to post the beta driver?

@mmartinka you need a new amiga core, an updated replay.ini and the ahi replay.lha archive to unpack to devs:
So it will have to come as a complete 'package'.
@mikej yeah go ahead - I wasn't sure if we'd share it through the forum or some other mechanism.
Gouky was talking about making a proper installer for all things replay-amiga related (p96, addreplaymem, ahi, .. )
But we don't need to wait for that.

I would definitely like to test it.  I have several apps that I wrote that can use AHI, if you have an AHI compatible audio device.

I'm about to check in. I can post the core here shortly.

I've checked in, but I've run out of time. I'm doing  a bit of restructuring around the DMA arbitration of these extra channels in a way that better matches the original hardware. I need to run a quick sim. Should complete this tomorrow morning.

Hold your horses!

I have made a installscript for RTG with P96 (ok, 95% done) and it would be stupid if we did the same work twice. For now, the first version is in English only but that can be solved later.

So, should I also add:

- AddReplayMem
- Ahi

While I'm at it?

I think it makes sense to keep an installer script to help automate the setup process, especially for 'newcomers'. But I think it should also be kept as part of the repo so we don't end up with outdated versions of the drivers/tools or a compatibility mismatch between the installer script and the core (which is certainly a possibility for the xaudio 'hw' and the ahi driver as things are a bit in flux right now..).

Agreed - I'm talking about posting the binaries here for testing.
Highpuff - are you putting the scripts in the repos? We can mirror these to the public release area as well.

/sw/amiga_code/???

I will publish them the minute I have a combined version ready. Hopefully this weekend will give me more time smile