1 (edited by WoS 2015-03-01 15:39:35)

Topic: Core started

Yes, it is true. We will now work on this one as well.

I sent a mail to Stephen and aked if we can use his design for the Altera board as starting point.

Next is setting it up with our updated t65 etc. and put it into Mikes latest framework. How hard can it be...?  big_smile

/WoS

2 (edited by WoS 2015-04-06 11:25:50)

Re: Core started

Just to give a short "ping"...  Still working on the Apple II, porting the code from Stepen for the Replay.

Just a short comment as I didn't expect this:

I replaced the "cpu6502.vhd" from the fpga64 project by the actual t65 core from the Replay library.
I am surprized that the simultation runs _significantly_ faster now.

Thus I checked the new setup several times, it is still working correctly wink .  On FPGA it does not matter, but for development this is a big advantage...

Edit: enclosed a pic of the startup testbench simulation, showing the power-on beep and how it reacts on pressing the ESC key...

Edit2: ah, the speedup is probably because of using std_logic_vector instead of lots of unsigned signals, avoiding a lot of conversion messages from the IEEE lib...

Post's attachments

Apple2_boot.PNG
Apple2_boot.PNG 47.89 kb, 9 downloads since 2015-04-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
/WoS

Nice Work ! and WiP , really , i never get Apple II , i started computer over Zx81/Ql/Spectrum to few years later fall inside the Amiga world :-)

Happy that with the Replay, i will be able to make some fun on Apple II !

Looking forward to finally afford an Apple II. smile

Nearly there - usual issues to get the old timings working on standard timings to get a picture on DVI/HDMI.
Apple IMHO never was using standards properly and used their own interpretation wink

/WoS

Cool! Any progress? Would be very nice to run this core!

Sorry, not yet ready. My plans were to set up some early releases during x-mas, but unfortunately I didn't get any vacation time this year. So I can't even give any ETA yet...

/WoS

Sucks.. I hope you get more free time soon to spread your binary love around here wolfie!

Any news on the progress of the Apple II core? Thanks.