Topic: File Archive TZX ? Advice ?

Hello,

As perhaps some as you know, Archive file TZX is a format that embed everything in one packed file.

Can be custom loader, part , side A & B ... everything is packed in one file.

I started to study the format Header and was thinking how i could add it inside the actual core ...

So any idea about how we could do it ?

My Idea is making a virtual container inside the ARM firmware ... Arm Firmware will load the TZX unpack and cut all parts inside each parts created ( Screen memory , loader , turbo , data , side A , side B ... and so on )

So over OSD we could select the right part ... and if Spectrum ask for a new block data, we can press on FXY ...to start the play data ...

F6 Play data

Now i try to understand how i can sync all of this ...

This is my first project in FPGA :-) i brought some book .. and this is reallllllly different from any stuff i learn but hey this is a challenge :-)

If someone has some Idea ?

First i will code a TZX parser and a virtual tape container with all data inside, will perhaps see more clearly after !

Regards

Re: File Archive TZX ? Advice ?

We have some support for decompression in the ARM software already. The problem is limited SRAM in the ARM so it's a bit tricky. If you want to chat about this, join the slack group smile