Topic: 68060 Daughterboard reservation

I'm about to get the 060 daughterboard manufactured. It's completed all tests and works fine as far as I can tell,
(usb/ethernet require drivers but I don't see any issues).

Estimated price is 150 euro inc tax. It may be a bit less.

The boards will be available from Amedia/Jim in the US asap.

It would really help if you would mail me if you are interested - no commitment. Closing date end of March.

mikej at fpgaarcade.com

Thanks,
Mike

Post's attachments

replay_68060.gif 74.92 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: 68060 Daughterboard reservation

How are we in the FPGA-instead-of-68060-on-daughterboard department for those wanting more oomph+RAM but not ARM?
I'll take FPGA#2 > 68060 >> ""

I need to do some roadmap slides really.
Work continues on the softcore (mainly to fix bugs) but there is x2 to x4 speed up potential there with some effort. 

It didn't make much sense to make an expensive FPGA to plug into Replay1 - I'm doing the new Replay2 mainboard with a modern faster FPGA. It will have lots more memory and more oomph, plus we are looking at the ARM compute module to replace the 060.

Replay2 is firming up and I'm hoping to get layout done in April, now the DB is out of the way.

Note, Replay1 continues to be supported and will get the new cores as well in the pipe.
/Mike

Hi Mike, I sent you an email here on forum but once I clicked on submit the text has gone and I wasn't informed if the message was sent. Did you receive it?

PS. I am interested in buying 060 for my Replay1

Yup, I got it thanks!

Send u just email :-) Ready to jump for it :-)

Thanks for your hard works as well !

Also sent an email, just before the deadline. smile

Doh!  Just saw this post.  I definitely want one.  Just sent an email over.

Thanks!

Still in interested in one without cpu

cool!

MikeJ,

I'm interested in the daughter board with cpu. Also interested in the replay2 board when they are ready too. I'll be buying through Jim over at CBMStuff.com. I'm assuming that the daughter board will connect to both the replay v1 and v2 boards. I have one of your v1 board currently. It's great!!

Will the Replay2 board have composite video out? It looks as though it will by the diagram on the website, just want to confirm. I think there was talk at one time about not having it.

Thanks,

Mike

The DB will only attach to V1 sadly.

Replay2 (R2) will have to change the board to board connectors sadly, so it's not possible. However, the R2 db will be much cheaper and simpler as it can use main board resources for USB and Ethernet etc.

The plan is to do the composite encoding in the FPGA. We'll have 3 DAC channels and the ability to do RGB, Component, Composite etc. Breakout cables will be available.

Ah, okay, thanks for the update on that. Is the ETA on the Replay2 release still within 2018, near year end? I may actually hold of then on the daughter board until the DB for replay2 version is released. I know it's a bit off on the timeline maybe, but would the DB for the Replay2 be something that might come out in 2019?

Thanks,

Mike

zombie_no_face wrote:

Is the ETA on the Replay2 release still within 2018, near year end?

Mike

If you join slack you will get much faster response since almost all discussions has moved there.

Rev1 68060 DB production is complete and they are on their way to me now.

Replay2 is in design now. Prototype boards for developers should be available this autumn, but hard to say when for a general release. So much interesting stuff to add to it....

Post's attachments

060boards.gif
060boards.gif 140.7 kb, 9 downloads since 2018-07-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Looking good!

Do these daughterboard come with new backplate?
What's the timeframe on when they will be available at Amedia/Jim?
Is it still possible to buy these in combination with a 060?

I'm doing a new backplate now yes. They should be shipped out of here a week after they arrive, so end of this month roughly. I have a small number of rev6 CPUs I can test and ship with the board.