Re: FAQ on cases and power.

I got the manual done for the PC POWER SUPPLY CONTROLLER!

http://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads/PC_PO … ROLLER.pdf

Thanks!  Please let us know when they are ready to be ordered!

I just noticed they are for sale now, already ordered one.

Yes, and I have a thread on the typical installation in a ITX/ATX case:

http://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=271

Hi Jim -

Thanks for shipping the ATX board so quickly!  Just getting around to installing it now and having a hard time understanding this part of the manual:

"Make sure the power supply is off. Press and hold the POWER and RESET
switches at the same time. Keep holding the POWER switch until both LEDs
turn off. Now, releasing both switches will cause the LEDs to blink either
once or twice, followed by one second of pause and the LED rapidly flashing.
One flash means that POWER switch is strictly for power on/off and the
RESET switch is used as the reset. Two flashes means that the POWER
switch is also the reset. Each time you repeat this procedure it will toggle
between one and two flashes."

Trying to switch to two flash mode where the power supply will double as a reset switch.

What do you mean by "Make sure the power supply is off"?  The ATX power supply?  If I switch the ATX power supply to off (via the physical switch), no power goes to your ATX power board so I assume that is not correct.  If I leave that switch on but make sure the FPGA Arcade is in an off state holding both the power switch and reset switch buttons only makes the FPGA Arcade turn on - the power LED never seems to turn off no matter how long I hold the buttons in.

I'm using a jumper to simulate the reset switch since the chassis I am using does not have one.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Make sure the power supply is off - as in not enabled (no LEDs lit up and no power to the Replay board).

Press and hold the RESET button and then press and HOLD the POWER button until the LEDs come on.  The LEDs will blink either once or twice.  Each time you repeat this process (from a complete power off) will toggle the button functionality.

You should always be able to power off the power supply by pressing and holding the POWER button after it has been powered up.

82 (edited by Kremlar 2015-12-28 02:09:01)

Jim said there was a mistake in the docs that he corrected.  New docs state this:

"Make sure the power supply is ON (the POWER LED is lit). Now, press and
hold the POWER and RESET switches at the same time. Keep holding both
switches until the LEDs turn off. Now, releasing both switches will cause the
LEDs to blink either once or twice, followed by one second of pause and the
LED rapidly flashing. One flash means that POWER switch is strictly for
power on/off and the RESET switch is used as the reset. Two flashes means
that the POWER switch is also the reset. Each time you repeat this
procedure it will toggle between one and two flashes."

Here are the exact steps that worked for me:

- Make sure board is ON (power LED on)
- Hold power button, then very quickly slide jumper on reset.  I couldn't slide jumper on reset first because the board would reset and the mode switch wouldn't work.
- When power LED goes off release power button.
- LED will flash indicating the current mode.
- Then I remove the jumper from the reset switch.

Would be easier with a reset switch, but since my chassis doesn't have one and I don't have a separate one kicking around I had to make the jumper work.  Something to keep in mind since users switching to this mode likely don't have a reset button.

I am having an intermittent issue when in the combo power/reset button mode.  Intermittently if the unit is on and I hold the power button the unit does not turn off, but if I release and hold the power button a 2nd time it turns off every time.  Sometimes it consistently behaves this way, other times I can't reproduce it.  Haven't figured out a reason why yet.  I did not notice this problem before switching to the combo power/reset mode.

In any case, other than that minor issue the power board is working great!  My FPGA Arcade build feels much more "finished" now.

I wonder if your power button is faulty? I tried two different boards with two different cases and I could never get a failure, using the same mode you are using or the normal mode.

Hmm good point!  I haven't seen any issues rebooting or powering on though.  Will report back if I find anything else.

Hi Jim -

Just following up on this.  I moved my FPGA Arcade to a new case and I still experience the issue where the power button does not turn off the board unless I let it go and hold it in a second time, so I know it's not a bad power button.

Do you have any more of the ATX modules?  I should be bringing my system to Vegas this weekend and if there's time would like to show  you the issue.

Thanks

I don't have any ATX power supplies units made, and my facility is completely packed (CBMSTUFF is closed until September).  I will look at your issue at CRX!

87 (edited by Kaos_Net 2018-09-20 20:17:23)

Good morning to all:

I'm finishing my box for my Fpga arcade and I need a manual where the connections of the IO expansion, to put a few leds and leave it professional, to which the box interest is made to measure with a box bought in Aliexpres entirely in aluminum, cut out As desired and mechanized, here I leave some photos for you to see the finished achieved that I think is very good.
Greetings to all

Post's attachments

20180920_220618_resized.jpg 384.63 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

20180920_220629_resized.jpg 381.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

20180920_220640_resized.jpg 325.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.