Topic: Slack ...

Ost kindly set up fpgaarcade.slack.com ages ago, and I've been really slack (sorry) using it.

I was concerned that the forum should stay the main point of communication. Everybody else rightly ignored me.

So, if you wish to chat, jump on board.

Re: Slack ...

For discussion... can we/ should we mirror some of the channels here so people can follow the conversation passively?

I have no intention of using Slack so if there is anything interesting discussed there it would be handy to know about it.

It's quite good actually, we get some interactive bug chasing done.
My worry is the focus will move from the forum though. I'm not sure how to resolve this at the moment.

A lot of the development chat is on Slack, and bug reports on Meistertask. Hopefully we can at least mirror the bug tracking here somehow.

If anybody has a board and wants to do some development (either ARM firmware, application code (Amiga etc) or FPGA code) let me know.

is it linked to IRC at least?

well, slack is IRC really. Wanna join?

I would! smile

9 (edited by hicks 2017-04-29 14:00:35)

Is the slack/irc gateway enabled for the replay slack channel?

A few public channels on freenode added slack support via matrix.org and the slackbridge add-on too. The matrix.org method mirrors chat between slack and a regular irc channel which is useful for people who don't want to sign up for slack but are regular IRC users. Having never used slack though, I'm not sure what's involved in setting that up.

slack is IRC really

no, it isnt. and no, i am using IRC since forever and it works just fine - no need to use some other corporate controlled thingy that has no advantage (for me anyway) over IRC.

Fair enough, gpz.
Hicks, you can use slack over the web, not sure you even need to sign up to be honest.
I'll ask the guys who set it up about an irc gateway.

Mike, I am afraid, moving the discussion from this forum to slack was a big mistake and has caused that some guys have abandoned the idea of the replay board. I always found this forum very orderly, clear and full of special knowledge. But now it is dead. In Slack I can only see a messed discussion on each issue at once. Sorry this is not for me. In my opinion you should still post the most important info here as you used to do before. God knows what is the status of the R2 and DB, when at least DB will be available at Amedia/Jim. Please spend a few minutes and give us a feedback on this forum. Thanks.

This project looks dead. Check out the latest downloads on the site - years old.

14 (edited by hicks 2018-06-08 18:33:54)

@slim: There's recent builds of all public cores available at http://svn.fpgaarcade.com/  if you access the svn repo itself. Check the sdcard/ directory for each core for the binary and corresponding ini. Although keep in mind you may need a newer firmware (a build from 2018 will do) for the Acorn Electron. I've held off doing a new "release" for that until a new firmware has been rolled out. Although that's the only core I'm aware of that depends on a newer firmware.

There hasn't been a new set of zipped releases in a while due to a few reasons, amongst them, Mike has been heads down finishing up the daughter board, cpu changes and working on the replay2. Also there's a migration coming from svn to git which will require a new method of doing releases.

Hopefully as things settle down after the move to git changes will be a little more visible to people smile

15 (edited by denli 2018-07-14 09:14:30)

MikeJ wrote:

Ost kindly set up fpgaarcade.slack.com ages ago, and I've been really slack (sorry) using it.
[…]
So, if you wish to chat, jump on board.

How do I get my email address approved?

Edit: Ok, just noticed that the Slack invite feature was removed due to spam.
I’ll PM you instead...

Edit2: Does PM work? It sems ”forummail” is plain mail sent by the forum (which is some what broken).

You mail me and I send you a link. We had a lot of problems with spam....

Mike,

I tried sending forum email to you to request an invite to Slack. I am not sure if you received it.
Could you send me an invite please?

C.Durbin

I sent an invite via the board email, although I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet. If you didn't receive the invite let me know.

please stop sending emails, please start sending hardware... Thank you! wink

The DBs have arrived here in Stockholm.

Hicks,

I never received anything in email. If you could send the invite to 2fastohio@g m a i l. c o m
I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

C.Durbin

I've emailed you the link. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

MikeJ wrote:

The DBs have arrived here in Stockholm.

Hi Mike, any news on availability of DBs by Amedia?

They've got some for testing so won't be long now

I've shipped some boards to Amedia.