Re: Cartridge support (crt, ...)

Hmm, taking the sdcard to read a file stored there which gets written to an emulated 29F040 on the FPGA using the C64 core which finally just writes the data on the sdcard again...

Yes, why not????  big_smile

/WoS

crazy man !!
/Mike

Seriously, for this flash modules I think it should be sufficient to be able to read/process the CRT files others already prepared and distributed.

But what I'd like to add to the ARM FW is some DRAM snapshot feature to store the memory content of an actual running core to the sdcard (while it is halted to have a consistent state). The start address and width can be specified in the INI file (to adopt it to different cores)

On the one hand this would come in handy for the GEORAM support (like a battery backup feature as the NEORAM has), but it would be also useful to debug any code in the RAM of a running core (and capture screenshots etc.).

/WoS

Yes, I think this is a great idea.
If the CPU is hanging off the Halt signal, it will stop. Is that sufficient?
/Mike

Yes, I do this already for C64/VIC-20 when loading CRT or PRG files on the fly via OSD. Halt/Reset behaviour can be controlled with the loadselect option in INI files, I would do it also for a save option there...

/WoS