Topic: Hello from northern Germany

in the 80's i did a lot of programming and some gaming stuff with the ZX Spectrum, the Commodore 64 and then the Amiga 500 and was always interested to take back a Bit of the "good old days" with an FPGA-Board. So when i heard about the Arduino Vidor 4000 my first idea was to use it for Retro-Computing. Because of it's cheap price and good availability i hoped to find a project to get it work and so i landed at your site.

Now i succesfully set up my Vidor 4000 following the guide under:

https://www.fpgaarcade.com/kb/how-to-do … oad-cores/

It works nearly "out of the box" :)

All of the released Cores i tried out are working and i hope you release many more of them in the future.
I'm very happy about the ZX Spectrum (Tape problem is fixed now!).

Thanks to the fpga-arcade-team for this cool project...

BTW: is there a chance to run a Commodore 64 on the Vidor 4000?

Re: Hello from northern Germany

Hi and welcome!

Nice to learn that you were successful in setting up the Vidor and running cores.
Personally I also like the Vidor for being compact and cheap (Arduino.cc shop has special offer for it atm). Integration with Replay still has some edges but these should be ironed out in the future. It's amazing what's possible just out-of-the box though.

I'm especially glad that you reproduced the ZX Spectrum tape fix since it was a real bugger to track down and fix.

I'd guess a C64 should be feasible on the Vidor (don't quote me, I haven't actually looked into details).

Cheers from southern Germany smile