Re: Amiga core status

What is scummvm?  I gotta go find MUI - something I hated back in the day!

Whaaaat you don't know scummvm? :-) http://scummvm.org cool thing to play day of the tentacle on an amiga :-P there's an ecs, aga and rtg port on aminet. It should run, slowly, on a 68020 (at least I tried on a 68020 under winuae and was able to run it and get the main menu screen). Note that with the bitfield fix i was able to get further when running it.

Good spot for iGame that could be it, don't recall if i've installed the nofpu one. Will try soon as I land back home.

Day of the tentacle was awesome!

Make sure you are using the AGA_68K version of scummvm.   You can't use the 030/040 or OS4 versions.

1,205 (edited by JimDrew 2015-12-27 20:50:36)

Note, the RTG version of scummvm is not going work with Replay.  It makes use of 040+ instructions and requires CyberGraphics RTG system (not Picasso96).   See this from the readme:

Requirements:

1) An RTG Amiga (CyberGFX API) with an 68040/68060 processor
2) At least 32 MB of FASTRAM
3) AHI installed (v4.18 recommended)
4) 3.1 ROMS (3.0 ROMS may cause it to run slowly)
5) Some supported games or demos

1,206 (edited by gouky 2015-12-27 21:49:55)

Yeah saw this as well :-(  I have the aga 68k version installed as a first try.

Need to try out amigaamp as well for fun... And heretic or duke nukem... :-P

JimDrew wrote:

Make sure you are using the fixed libraries - there is no FPU with Replay.  If you look at the bottom of the webpage you linked to you can download the latest fixed libraries.

I had noticed earlier that iGame crashes as well, and using the guigfx_render_nofpu libraries results in the same crash (a guru 80000008 if I recall correctly)

Yes, but have you tried with the latest core?

JimDrew wrote:

Yes, but have you tried with the latest core?

Yes, with core 1193.

Can you try it agin and see what the GURU error message is for sure?

Here's the guru we get on iGame:

Error:     #80000008
Task:     #0111FAD0

Note that it work fine when testing my FPGA HDF with WinUAE and a 68020 CPU so no FPU.

1,212 (edited by gouky 2015-12-28 10:45:54)

Something I've just noticed with the latest core is that I'm getting a SFS checksum error after quitting ADoom, this error doesn't happen with the version from post #1185

Yesterday I had a weird volume corruption that make me think something is fishy with the last core.

You can try running it slightly slower again, still working on timing issue. There are a fair number of CPU related fixes, but possible something has also gone wrong.

Just tried the slow clock setting given a few page before + accurate + FAST but I'm still getting the checksum error.

P96Speed runs with the last core smile. Reports an error in  BitMap operations.

PunBB bbcode test

Progress then! I'll see if the bitmap error is reproducible.

1,217 (edited by JimDrew 2015-12-28 15:25:47)

Hmm... I can run P96Speed without any issues.  Are you using the XRAM memory?  Does this occur with the cache off or on? What screen mode are you using?

gouky wrote:

Here's the guru we get on iGame:

Error:     #80000008
Task:     #0111FAD0

Note that it work fine when testing my FPGA HDF with WinUAE and a 68020 CPU so no FPU.

This GURU error is a privilege violation.  This is caused by calling a supervisor instruction while in user mode.  This could be occurring due to memory corruption or due to the fact that the 68020+ uses a slightly different method of handling user/supervisor mode and that has not been changed in the T68 core yet.

I'm working with Gouky at the moment to isolate which of the latest bitfield fixes have broken the checksum calc.

Thanks to Gouky testing about 20 different builds, we know which change to the bitfield operations breaks things.
Just got to figure out why now!

Good job!

Mike has fixed all of the movem variations now!

yay \o/

Current core. MoveM fixed and some of the bitfield changes reverted which caused some other problems.

Post's attachments

replay_amiga.bin 728.72 kb, 14 downloads since 2015-12-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Put back in the BFFFO!  wink